Student Visa

If you’re looking to study in Belgium, you’re probably in the middle of planning and researching your exciting adventure ahead!

Student Visa

Thinking of studying in Belgium?

Spending time studying in another country can be a great way to experience a new culture, improve your language skills, and have an exciting adventure. 

You can apply for a student visa to study in Belgium if you’re an international student from a country with no visa agreement.


Do I need a Belgian student visa?

There are some instances where you might not need a Belgian student visa. You won’t need one if: 

  • You’re from the EU or EEA.
  • You live in one of the Schengen countries.
  • You’re from the US, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Monaco, or the Republic of Andorra. If you’re applying from one of these countries, you can directly apply for a residence permit after entering Belgium.

If you’re a third-country national, you’ll need to apply for authorisation to study abroad in Belgium for more than 90 days. Generally, you’ll have to apply for a visa D (national visa for a long stay) to do this. 

For more information on getting a visa to study in Belgium, you can visit here.

Last updated 15 May 2024