Young Traveller Working Holiday Visa

Tourist Short Stay Visa

Do I need a visa for my visit to France?

Are you a young person who wants to spend up to a year in France, exploring the culture and working to support yourself? The young traveller – working holiday visa might be the one you need. This is a type of long-stay visa that contains “vacances travail” (working holiday).

The young traveller programme lets you stay in France for more than 3 months with the right to work. That means you’ll be able to work a normal job without prior approval from the French Administration. The visa lasts up to 1 year and can’t be extended beyond that point. So be sure you keep a close eye on the time.

Last updated 15 May 2024