Are you aged between 4 and 17 and looking to study in the UK? Or maybe you’re looking to apply for a Child Student visa on behalf of someone else. Either way, we’ve written this Child Student visa guidance to help you throughout the entire process.

If you’re 18 or over, you could apply for a student visa before starting your studies instead. 

To get a Child Student visa, you’ll need:

  • an unconditional offer to study a course at an independent school

  • to show you’ll have access to enough money to support you in the UK and pay for your course

  • the consent of your parent or guardian to study in the UK 

Last updated 15 May 2024